ISLAMABAD, November 20, 2015: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa left its entire agenda unaddressed on Friday during 69th sitting of its 15 session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
The sitting was adjourned due to lack of quorum fifteen minutes after it started.
Some key observations of the House are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for 15 minutes
- The sitting started at 1449 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours
- A member of the Panel of Chairpersons presided over the sitting as the Speaker was absent
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition was also not present
- Fourteen lawmakers (11%) were present at the start and 18 (14%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of PTI and PML-N were present
- One minority member attended the sitting
Order and Institutionalization
- Four lawmakers spoke on as many points of order consuming eight minutes of the proceeding.
- A male lawmaker belonging to JUI-F staged a walkout against the non-compliance of a ruling by the Speaker regarding suspension of a police officer for violating the privilege of a lawmaker.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to all members
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills concerning the vagrancy and protection of women against harassment at workplaces…
ISLAMABAD, January 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday providing for setting up and regulating the tourist facilities,…
ISLAMABAD, January 10, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left half of its agenda unaddressed on Friday and passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Civil Administration…