ISLAMABAD, June 20, 2012: Meeting only for 25 minutes on Wednesday, the last sitting of the 32nd session of the Balochistan Assembly witnessed low attendance of Members. Twenty Members (31% of the total Membership of 65) were present at the start of the sitting while 25 (38%) were there when it was adjourned.
The Gwader Industrial Estate Development Authority (Second Amendment) Bill 2012 was tabled in the House. The Minister for Finance presented the Statements of Expenditures.
The parliamentary leaders of the PML and JUI were present. The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1500 hours. The proceedings started 30 minutes late.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of the JUI and PML were present.
- A total of 20 Members (31% of the total Membership of 65) were present at the start while 25 (38%) were there when the sitting was adjourned. A maximum of 26 (39%) were present at one point of the sitting.
- Two minority Members were present.
- Two Members applied for leave to be absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Statements of Expenditures were tabled in the House. The Minister for Finance presented the statement.
- The Gwader Industrial Estate Development Authority (Second Amendment) Bill 2012 was tabled in the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- One Point of Order was raised which consumed two minutes.
- There were no instances of protests, boycotts or walkouts.
- Orders of the Day were available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed law and order, increase in prices of petroleum products and challenges after drought in…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 19, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan consumed major part of the proceeding in points of order and deferred question hour…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 04, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three private members' resolutions and deferred one-third agenda due to ministerial absence, says…