ISLAMABAD, November 7, 2018: The House of Federation on Wednesday discussed the foreign and economic policies of the government through motions under Rule 218, while the Foreign Minister gave Policy Statement on the issue, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of second sitting of 283rd session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 37 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition remained present for two hours and nine minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, BNP-M, PkMAP, NP and PTI were present.
- Eighteen Senators (17% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 27 (26%) at the end of the sitting.
- One out of four minority Senators attended the proceedings.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up Motions under Rule 218 to discuss the foreign and economic policies of the government. Nine lawmakers discussed the issue for an hour and 41 minutes. Minister of Foreign Affairs gave the policy statement in 44 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
The House was adjourned to meet again on November 8, 2018 at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, July 16, 2021: The Senate passed three government bills on Friday which were considered in the House as supplementary business amid protest…
ISLAMABAD, July 14, 2021: The Senate took up 83 percent of its agenda on Wednesday and consumed 42 percent of the proceedings in points of…
ISLAMABAD, July 13, 2021: The Senate transacted 90 percent of its agenda on Tuesday and referred a government bill to the relevant committee, observes Free…