ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French President Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments against Islam, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the fifth sitting of 27th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 42 minutes, however, the proceedings remained suspended for 29 minutes to discuss a supplementary resolution.
- The sitting started at 1802 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and Opposition were not present.
- Seventy-nine (23%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 101 (30%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leader of BAP, JWP, AMLP, MQM, PML-N, PPPP and PML attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
- Tabled by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, the House unanimously adopted a resolution condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French President Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments against Islam. Earlier, the opposition and treasury benches moved separate resolutions but both sides agreed to club them and move a joint resolution on the issue.
- The House did not take up any other agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
- The Deputy Speaker demanded the government to recall Pakistani envoy from France in protest.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seven lawmakers spoke on points of order for 52 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 28, 2020 (Wednesday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…