ISLAMABAD, June 20, 2019: The National Assembly discussed the federal budget on Thursday but was adjourned due to missing quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during seventh sitting of the 11th NA session:
- The House met for seven hours and 51 minutes; however, it took prayer and causal breaks for 61 and six minutes respectively.
- The proceedings started at 1109 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 57 minutes while rest of the proceedings was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) attended the sitting for 28 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- A total of 63 lawmakers (18%) were present at the outset and 36 (11%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, GDA, PML, AMLP and BAP attended the sitting.
- Eight out of 10 minority lawmakers were also present during the proceedings.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty-two lawmakers participated in the budget debate consuming five hours and 44 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- Eight lawmakers spoke on points of order for 15 minutes.
- Three lawmakers including Minister for Power and Petroleum Divisions spoke on as many points of personal explanation for six minutes.
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1856 hours and it was found incomplete upon counting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 21, 2019 (Friday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Punjab Assembly witnessed introduction of five government bills on Friday which were referred to the relevant committees for consideration, observes…
ISLAMABAD, March 4, 2021: The National Assembly proceeded for only five minutes on Thursday and was prorogued without taking up any agenda, observes Free and…