ISLAMABAD, May 14, 2018: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Monday to express condolence over the demise of PML-N lawmaker Rajab Ali Baloch who passed away last day after protracted illness, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 10th sitting of the 56th session:
- The National Assembly met for 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1714 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition leader did not attend the sitting.
- Sixty-one lawmakers (18%) were present at the outset and 74 (22%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, PML-F, APML and PML-Z attended the sitting.
- Four minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up the regular business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered prayers for the soul of deceased PML-N lawmaker Rajab Ali Baloch. Twenty-seven lawmakers eulogized his political services and spoke for 34 minutes.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2020: The National Assembly passed two government bills and adopted three resolutions to extend the timeline of as many ordinances, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 28, 2020: The National Assembly left 98 percent of its agenda unaddressed on Wednesday due to the opposition’s protests, walkouts and quorum issue, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French President Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments…