ISLAMABAD, September 26, 2018: The National Assembly on Wednesday continued debate on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceeding during the fourth sitting of second session:
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1146 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 21 minutes.
- As many as 145 lawmakers (42%) were present at outset and 96 (28%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-M, PPP, MMA, GDA and BAP attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as six lawmakers participated in the discussion on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018. The discussion continued for two hours and seven minutes.
- Minister of State for Interior responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding expected outbreak of dengue fever in Islamabad Capital Territory due to positive symptoms found in patients in two allied hospitals.
- The House did not consider another CAN on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 27, 2018 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The National Assembly passed three government bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to extend an Ordinance, observes the Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: The National Assembly deferred debate on economic situation in the country due to absence of relevant ministers in the House, observes the…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed the Joint Session of Parliament for the fourth time on Friday, says Free and Fair…