ISLAMABAD, September 26, 2018: The National Assembly on Wednesday continued debate on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceeding during the fourth sitting of second session:
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1146 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 21 minutes.
- As many as 145 lawmakers (42%) were present at outset and 96 (28%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-M, PPP, MMA, GDA and BAP attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as six lawmakers participated in the discussion on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018. The discussion continued for two hours and seven minutes.
- Minister of State for Interior responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding expected outbreak of dengue fever in Islamabad Capital Territory due to positive symptoms found in patients in two allied hospitals.
- The House did not consider another CAN on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 27, 2018 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on the federal budget 2021-22 and consumed 95 percent of proceedings’ time on it, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2021: The National Assembly consumed 96 percent of its proceedings in debate on the federal budget 2021-22, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on federal budget 2021-22 and thirty-two lawmakers participated in it, observes Free and Fair Election Network…