ISLAMABAD, March 12, 2018: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of the 54th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and six minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1703 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for seven minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the remaining two minutes of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 24 (7%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 62 (17%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PkMAP attended the sitting.
- Six minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up any agenda item.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI lawmaker identified the quorum immediately after the Quran recitation that led to the suspension of the proceedings for 57 minutes. However, the quorum was still incomplete on resumption of the proceedings and the sitting was adjourned.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The National Assembly was prorogued sine die on Thursday amidst a lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2020: The Majlis-e-Shoora passed eight bills on Wednesday amid protest and walkout of the Opposition, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2020: The treasury and opposition lawmakers in the National Assembly locked horns over the rule related to the suspension of sitting due…