ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2019: The National Assembly proceeded for only seven minutes on Tuesday and was adjourned without taking up any agenda, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceeding during seventh sitting of the eighth session:
- The House met for seven minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1926 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 131 lawmakers (38%) were present at the outset and 148(43%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and BAP attended the sitting.
- As many as seven out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up any agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- Soon after the recitation of Holy Quran, Naat and National Anthem, the Speaker adjourned the House to meet again on March 6, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up any question related to the Home and Local Government Departments due to the absence of…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2020: Around two-thirds of registered voters for GBA-3 Gilgit-III came out to vote in a peaceful election held a week after the…