ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2019: The National Assembly proceeded for only seven minutes on Tuesday and was adjourned without taking up any agenda, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceeding during seventh sitting of the eighth session:
- The House met for seven minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1926 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 131 lawmakers (38%) were present at the outset and 148(43%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and BAP attended the sitting.
- As many as seven out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up any agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- Soon after the recitation of Holy Quran, Naat and National Anthem, the Speaker adjourned the House to meet again on March 6, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…