ISLAMABAD, May 24, 2019: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday without taking up its scheduled business in respect for the late Federal Minister for Narcotics Control Sardar Ali Muhammad Mahar who died of cardiac arrest earlier this week, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for 21 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1047 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 103 lawmakers (30%) were present at the outset and 141 (41%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PPPP and BAP attended the sitting.
- As many as four out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, the House unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution paying homage to the deceased lawmaker and Federal Minister for Narcotics Control Ali Muhammad Mahar. As many as five lawmakers – two of PTI and one each of PML-N, PPPP and MMAP – spoke on the resolution consuming seven minutes.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business
Order and Institutionalization
- The Chair adjourned the House to meet again on May 27, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…