ISLAMABAD, June 2, 2021: The Punjab Assembly consumed major part of the proceedings on points of order and adopted three private members’ resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Wednesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the seventh sitting of the 32nd session:
- The House met for an hour and 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:08 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker and the deputy speaker were absent.
- A member of panel of chairmen presided over the entire sitting.
- The leader of the House (chief minister) and the opposition leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 41 MPAs (11 percent) were present at the outset and 17 (six percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders from PPPP and PRHP attended the sitting.
- Two out of eight minority lawmakers were present.
- Minister for law laid the performance audit report on district headquarters hospital Okara for the year 2017-18. Later, the report was referred to the public account committee-II.
- The House adopted three private members’ resolutions regarding increase in the district funds of Punjab Bait-ul-Mal, appointment of women members in the Council of Islamic Ideology (CCI) and availability of gender sensitive toilets in all female educational institutions in Punjab. These resolutions were sponsored by PML, and PTI lawmakers.
- The House deferred two other private members’ resolutions on the agenda due to absence of relevant ministers.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up three out of 41 starred questions related to Local Government and Community Development Department. Besides, the lawmakers asked seven supplementary questions.
- The House deferred two adjournment motions (AMs) and a calling attention notice (CAN) due to absence of the relevant ministers.
Order and Institutionalization
- Thirteen lawmakers spoke on points of order for 54 minutes related to the governance issues.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, June 4, 2021 at 09:00 am.
- ‘List of Business’ was available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…