ISLAMABAD, January 16, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Wednesday without addressing any business in honour of the late lawmaker Mazhar Abbas Raan who passed away yesterday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for 14 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1156 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 70 MPAs (19%) were present at the outset and the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- As many as three out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers raised Points of Order (POs) consuming five minutes of the proceedings. They suggested the Chair to adjourn the sitting in honour of the deceased PTI lawmaker.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 17, 2019 (Thursday) at 1130 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on the Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The 9th session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued on Friday after two days debate on measures to tackle COVID-19, observes…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan (MMAP) lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The Senate took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn violation of human rights in…