ISLAMABAD, November 6, 2019: The Senate held discussion on a Motion under Rule 218 regarding alleged political victimization and denial of fundamental rights to members of Opposition parties, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of second sitting of 294th session requisitioned by the treasury lawmakers:
- The Senate met for three hours and eight minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 52 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and three minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, MQM, PPPP, PkMAP, JUI-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Twelve members (11% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and 20 (19%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Tabled by an Independent lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution to express sorrow and grief over demise of former Senator Mir Hazoor Baksh Domki.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House held discussion on a Motion under Rule 218 regarding alleged political victimization, denial of fundamental rights to members of Opposition parties and revocation of citizenship of a former Member of Parliament. Twelve lawmakers including Ministers for Parliamentary Affairs and Communications spoke on it for two hours and 24 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Five lawmakers spoke on points of order for ten minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 8, 2019 (Friday at 1030 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…