ISLAMABAD, July 11, 2018: The Senate on Wednesday adopted a resolution to condemn the killing of Barrister Haroon Bilour and other ANP workers in a suicide attack in Peshawar, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of the 279th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman Senate presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Opposition Leader was present for an hour 17 minutes.
- As many as 12 (19%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 11 (10%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and MQM attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present
- Tabled by Leader of the House, the Senate unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn the killing of Barrister Haroon Bilour and other ANP workers in a suicide attack in Peshawar. Earlier, 21 lawmakers spoke on it for an hour and 57 minutes.
- The House did not take up the regular agenda to express sorrow over tragic incident in Peshawar.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 12, 2018 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and consumed 43 percent of the proceedings’ time in debate on matters…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Wednesday and rejected the Anti-Terrorism (Third Amendment) Bill, 2020 with majority vote, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Senate referred two FATF-related bills to the relevant committees and debated the motorway gang-rape incident, observes Free and Fair Election…