ISLAMABAD, December 17, 2018: The Senate adopted a condolence resolution on the sad demise of PkMAP Senator Sardar Muhammad Azam Khan Musakhel, who breathed his last a couple of days ago after illness, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of 285th Senate Session:
- The Senate met for an hour and 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was absent.
- The Leader of the House attended the proceedings for 37 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition remained in the House for 33 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, NP, PTI, ANP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Fourteen Senators (13% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 16 (15%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority Senators also attended the proceedings.
- Moved by the Leader of the House, the House adopted a resolution expressing grief and sorrow on the demise of Senator Muhammad Azam Khan Musakhel, who died at Aga Khan Hospital in Karachi on December 15, 2018.
- As many as 29 Senators shared their condolences for an hour and 20 minutes. The House did not take up any agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House passed a motion to defer the private member’s day agenda till next sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 26, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Tuesday and started discussion on the presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The Senate referred 12 private members’ bills to the relevant committees after their introduction in the House and adopted five resolutions…
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2021: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed half of the proceedings’ time in discussion on public matters,…