ISLAMABAD, December 30, 2020: The Senate did not take up its regular business on Wednesday to express condolence over the demise of PML-N Senator Kalsoom Parveen who passed away last week due to coronavirus, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first sitting of 305th session:
- The Senate met for an hour and 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1102 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for 41 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 21 lawmakers (20%) were present at the outset and 31 (30%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, JUI-F, BNP-M, JI and PTI attended the sitting.
- One out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up regular agenda and unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to condole the death of Senator Kalsoom Parveen. Nineteen lawmakers including the Leaders of the House and the Opposition and State Minister for Parliamentary Affairs highlighted the political career of deceased Senator during condolence reference and spoke for an hour and six minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 1, 2021 (Friday) at 1030 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair…
Calls for a broader public debate and political discourse on the meaningful electoral reforms to enhance representation and inclusivity ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2021: The Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…