ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2019: The Senate continued discussing on the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the 286th session:
- The House met for two hours and 11 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1530 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of House attended the sitting for an hour and 43 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for 36 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (11%) were present at the outset and 16 (15%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PPPP, PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- As many as two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Communications presented report on a supplementary question regarding Sukkur-Multan (M-5) Motorway.
- The House considered and adopted a report of Standing Committee on Law and Justice on a Point of Public Importance regarding the procedure for including names in the Black List and its legal value.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as eight lawmakers participated in the debate on the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 consuming an hour and five minutes of the proceedings. The discussion had commenced on January 24, 2019.
- The House deferred a CAN about missing revenue targets due to absence of relevant minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 29, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1530 hours.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, April 5, 2021: The Senate transacted its entre agenda on Monday and adopted a private member’s resolution demanding the government to provide free…
ISLAMABAD, March 12, 2021: The Senate on Friday elected its Chairman and Deputy Chairman during first day of the new parliamentary year, while 48 Senators…
ISLAMABAD, March 11, 2021: The Senate completed its 18th Parliamentary Year on Thursday after the conclusion of 308th session, observes Free and Fair Election Network…