ISLAMABAD, February 7, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed forty-five percent of the proceedings’ time on the points of public importance, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 19th sitting of the 295th session:
- The House met for two hours and 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and three minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 31 minutes.
- Fourteen lawmakers (13%) were present at the outset and 17 (16%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, PTI, PML-N, BNP-M, PkMAP, JUI-F and JI attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
- A bill – the Federal Public Service Commission (Validation of Rules) Bill, 2020 – was introduced in the House by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs which was referred to the relevant committee for deliberation.
- Chairman Functional Committee on Devolution presented Special report of the Committee on non-compliance of the devolution plan of the PTDC and related public petition.
- A report of Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunication was not presented as it’s Chairperson requested for deferment.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up 13 out of 25 starred questions while the lawmakers 27 supplementary questions.
- The debate on Annual Report of the Board of Directors of the State Bank of Pakistan on the state of the Economy was deferred till next sitting.
- Nineteen lawmakers including Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs spoke on points of public importance for an hour and five minutes (45 percent of the proceedings’ time).
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on February 10, 2020 (Monday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…