ISLAMABAD, January 17, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned on Thursday without addressing its scheduled business amid lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the fourth session:
- The Assembly met for five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1002 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present.
- As many as six lawmakers (4%) were present at outset and eight (5%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PTI attended the sitting.
- Only one out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House due to lack of quorum. The House will meet again on January 21, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…