ISLAMABAD, January 17, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned on Thursday without addressing its scheduled business amid lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the fourth session:
- The Assembly met for five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1002 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present.
- As many as six lawmakers (4%) were present at outset and eight (5%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PTI attended the sitting.
- Only one out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House due to lack of quorum. The House will meet again on January 21, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…