ISLAMABAD, February 28, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred the agenda on Thursday to discuss a joint resolution regarding the on-going Indo-Pak military standoff and appreciated Pakistan Air Force (PAF) for shooting down two Indian fighter jets in response to their violation of Pakistani airspace, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Key observations of the House proceedings during the 24th sitting of the fourth session include the following:
- The House met for two hours and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1535 hours, one hour and 35 minutes later than the scheduled time of 1400 hours, and the proceedings were suspended for three minutes due to Azan break.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for one hour and 14 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting for one hour and 35 minutes.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and seven minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 16 minutes.
- As many as 52 lawmakers (31%) were present at outset and 63 lawmakers (38%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, MMA and GDA attended the sitting.
- As many as six of the nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House continued the remainder of the debate initiated in the previous sitting regarding a joint resolution to appreciate the PAF’s performance in response to Indian violation of Pakistani airspace. As many as 22 lawmakers debated the resolution for two hours and 31 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Speaker deferred the sitting’s agenda till the next sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 1, 2019 (Friday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to legislators, observers and the public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2020: The Senate on Thursday referred five government bills to the relevant committees, which were related to the Financial Action Task Force…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: The 24th session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued on Wednesday after holding debate on issues at Pak-Afghan border in Chaman as…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: Traders disregarded the official prices of pulses in around two-thirds of the surveyed districts, meat in more than half of the regions,…