ISLAMABAD, November 28, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Deputy Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daly Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 29th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1115 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting in absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as ten MPAs (6%) were present at the outset and 12 (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on December 3, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…