ISLAMABAD, November 28, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Deputy Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daly Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 29th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1115 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting in absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as ten MPAs (6%) were present at the outset and 12 (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on December 3, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned early on Tuesday without addressing questions and Call Attention Notices included in the…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…