ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the sixth sitting of 24th session:
- The House met for three hours and four minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for 29 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 03:25 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The deputy speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The leaders of the House (chief minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 36 MPAs (21 percent) were present at the outset and 38 (22 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, TLP, MQMP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House passed three government bills including the Education City (Amendment) Bill, 2021; the Sindh Mines and Minerals Governance Bill, 2021 and the Sindh Food Fortification Bill, 2020.
- Minister for energy the Sindh Sales Tax on Services (Amendment) Bill, 2021 which was referred to the relevant committee for further consideration.
- Minister for parliamentary affairs presented 26 audit reports related to various departments and budget execution reports for two quarters.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of 11 starred questions while lawmakers asked 30 supplementary questions as well.
- Moved by a PPPP lawmaker, the Chair admitted an adjournment motion regarding approval of 2017 census by the federal government.
- The Chair termed a privilege motion `out of order’ which was regarding undue delay in presentation of reports of auditor general of Pakistan before the House. It was sponsored by a lawmaker belonging to MQMP.
- Minister for energy responded to a calling attention notice regarding firing on people protesting against K-Electric.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, November 26, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Sindh Assembly adopted two resolutions and left 94 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…