ISLAMABAD, May 10, 2018: The Provincial Government presented the Sindh Finance Bill, 2018 in the Assembly amid protest by the Opposition lawmakers on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hour and 56 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1629 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attend the entire sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 40 minutes.
- Ninety-seven lawmakers (58%) were present at outset while 98 (59%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI attended the sitting.
- Eight minority members were present.
- One member applied for leave.
- The Chief Minister introduced the Sindh Finance Bill, 2018 in the House and also presented the Budget Statement for the year 2018-2019 as well as and supplementary budget statement for the year, 2017-18.
Order and Institutionalization
- Entire Opposition protested on floor of the House for an hour and 34 minutes during budget speech of the Chief Minister.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…