ISLAMABAD, November 4, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted three supplementary resolution and left half of its regular agenda unaddressed on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 20th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for two hours and 54 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1515 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 42 MPAs (25%) were present at the outset and 52 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI and MQMP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved jointly by PPPP, MQMP, GDA and PTI lawmakers, the House unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution recommending the government to lift ban from students’ unions in educational institutions across the province. As many as eleven lawmakers spoke on it for an hour.
- Moved by a PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted another supplementary resolution to express concerns over health of Co-Chairperson of PPPP and demanded the federal government to provide proper medical treatment to him. The mover also spoke on it for three minutes.
- The House adopted a supplementary resolution to conduct an inquiry into firing incident by a personal guard of PTI Parliamentary Leader in Umerkot, resulting injuries to a person.
- The House did not consider a report of the standing committee on a legislative proposal.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of six starred questions while the lawmakers asked 36 supplementary questions as well.
- Four out of six Call Attention Notices (CANs) appearing on the agenda were taken up. The responded CANs were about alleged failure of government to control street crimes, encroachment on land of Karachi Development Authority, non-provision of water to residents of Cantonment Board, Clifton and unavailability of funds to local councils in Karachi Central (PS-130).
- The House deferred two Adjournment Motions appearing on agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 5, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…