ISLAMABAD, November 21, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh suspended its regular agenda on Monday and offered Dua for Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and other martyrs of Karbala on the occasion of Chehlum (40 days of martyrdom), observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fourth sitting of the 28th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1059 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker also attended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and Leader of the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- Forty-four lawmakers (26%) were present at start and 61 (36%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI were present.
- Four minority members also attended the sitting.
- Nine members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Moved by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House adopted a motion to suspend regular agenda to observe Chehlum of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and other martyrs of Karbala.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available on website of the Assembly.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings, conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued for an Indefinite Period ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed three government bills and took up three Call Attention…
ISLAMABAD, March 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its regular agenda unaddressed except question hour on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, March 25, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed two government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…