ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) approved three Demands for Grants of different departments while all cut motions on them were rejected on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for two hours and 44 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1113 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 57 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for one hour.
- Fifty-five legislators (44%) were present at the outset and 74 (60%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PML-N and ANP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved three Demand for Grants of different departments and rejected all cut motions on them with majority votes against them.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker belonging to ANP walked out of the proceedings for 15 minutes against the attitude of the Chair for not giving him floor to speak on budget during last sitting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 26 (Wednesday) at 1030 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…