ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2014: The Provincial Assembly passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tibb & Homeopathic Employees (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2014, during third sitting of its ongoing 11th session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
The bill was moved by a Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) lawmaker during the 9th session of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly (KP), however, it was unanimously passed by the House on Friday (today). A PTI lawmaker also tabled the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014 on behalf of the Chief Minister.
A PML-N female lawmaker pointed out quorum, however, after the headcount, it was found complete, and the female legislator walked out of the House.
Two calling attention notices (CANs) moved earlier by the JUI-F lawmakers were lapsed as the movers were not present in the House on Friday (today).
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly met for 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1555 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of 55 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were not present.
- Parliamentary leaders of JUI-F, AJIP and QWP attended the proceedings.
- Forty-one members were present at the outset while a maximum of 52 were there at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- A JI lawmaker moved the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tibb & Homeopathic Employees (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2014, which was earlier introduced during the 9th session, however, the House unanimously passed it on Friday (today). A PTI lawmaker tabled the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014 on behalf of the Chief Minister.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Two calling attention notices (CANs) earlier moved by the JUI-F lawmakers were lapsed as the movers were not present in the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- No member spoke on a point of order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) approved three Demands for Grants of different departments while all cut motions on them were…
ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly concluded general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget for financial year 2019-20 on Monday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Saturday continued general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget for financial year 2019-20, observes Free and…