ISLAMABAD, March 17, 2014: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Provincial Assembly during fourth sitting of its eleventh session on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
The bill was introduced by provincial minister for Local Government.
Moved by ANP lawmaker, the House took up a calling attention notice (CAN) regarding teachers’ vacant posts in KP-28, Mardan for the last one year. The mover cited reason that due to shortage of teachers, one year of the students has been wasted. Another CAN was lapsed as the mover, belonging to JUI-F, was absent from the House.
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly met for 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1600 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of an hour.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Speaker was absent from the House.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting while Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of PTI, JI and QWP attended the proceedings.
- Fifty-five members were present at the outset while a maximum of 67 were there at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Ten members applied for leave.
- Provincial minister for Local Government tabled The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government Amendment Bill, 2014.
Representation and Responsiveness
- ANP lawmaker raised calling attention notice (CAN) regarding vacant posts of teachers in different grades for the last one year. Another CAN moved by JUI-F lawmaker was lapsed as the mover was absent.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four points of order were taken up consuming 10 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…