ISLAMABAD, May 29, 2013: The newly-elected members of the 14th Sindh Assembly took oath on Wednesday in the first session called after the May 11 general elections. The Speaker of the outgoing assembly presided over the proceedings and administered the oath to members.
As many as 155 members took oath during the sitting, which met for an hour and 42 minutes. Keeping in view the members’ preference, the oath was administered in three languages – Sindhi, Urdu and English. The sitting started 70 minutes behind the schedule.
The Speaker informed the members about the election of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker, which will be held tomorrow (Thursday) through the secret balloting.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hour and 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1110 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1000 hours, witnessing a delay of an hour and 10 minutes.
- The Speaker of the outgoing assembly presided over the entire sitting.
- As many 154 members were present at the outset while 155 were there at the time of adjournment.
- Nine minority members took oath.
- ‘Orders of the Day\’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury and…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh addressed most of its agenda on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…