ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2013: The Balochistan Assembly passed the the Balochistan Finance Bill 2013 in the sixth sitting of the second session on Thursday, reports the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet based on the direct observation of the assembly proceedings. Starting 16 minutes late, the sitting lasted 37 minutes.
Earlier the Hosue approved 51 Demands for Grants. No Cut Motion was raised.
The Speaker chaired the entire sitting. Thirty-three members including two minority members attended the sitting. The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire proceedings.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1116 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1100 hours, witnessing a delay of 16 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire proceedings.
- The Finance Minister attended the entire sitting.
- Thirty-three members attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- One member applied for leave.
- The House approved 51 Demands for Grants.
- The Chief Minsiter moved the Balochistan Finance Bill 2013 which was passed.
Order and Institutionalization
- No point of order was raised during the sitting.
- No protest, walkout, or boycott observed during the sitting.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was adjourned on Friday amid lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…