ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fist sitting of 24th session:
- The House met for an hour and 33 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1807 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the proceedings for an hour and three minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as nine MPAs (14%) were present at the outset and 26 (40%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP, BNP-A, PkMAP, HDP, PTI, JWP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- One out of three minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- Tabled by the Provincial Minister for Revenue, the House unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir and express solidarity with the Kashmiris for their struggle of self-determination. Eleven lawmakers including the Leader of the House participated in debate on this resolution that continued for an hour and 15 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 7, 2020 (Friday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Monday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday and was adjourned after expressing condolence over the death…
ISLAMABAD, July 16, 2021: The National Assembly passed two government bills and adopted three resolutions to extend as many ordinances, observes Free and Fair Election…