ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn blatant human rights violations in the Indian-Occupied Kashmir and expressed solidarity with Kashmiris braving Indian atrocities, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the sole sitting of the 12th session:
- The House met for three hours and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1632 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 53 MPAs (32%) were present at the outset and 44 (26%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, MMAP and TLP attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of nine minority lawmakers were also present.
- Tabled by the Chief Minister, the House unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn Indian atrocities in Kashmir. Sixteen lawmakers spoke on this resolution for two hours and 43 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Monday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday and was adjourned after expressing condolence over the death…
ISLAMABAD, July 16, 2021: The National Assembly passed two government bills and adopted three resolutions to extend as many ordinances, observes Free and Fair Election…