ISLAMABAD, February 20, 2013: Starting an hour and 10 minutes late, the third sitting of the ongoing 40th session of the Balochistan Assembly condemned the recent bomb blast in Quetta by unanimously adopting a Resolution.
The sitting, which met for two hours and 28 minutes, adopted another Resolution on the law and order in the Balochistan.
The sitting also witnessed low attendance as only 11 members were present at the outset while 17 were there at the adjournment
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1610 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1500 hours. The proceedings started an hour and 10 minutes late.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leaders of BNPA, JUI and PMLQ attended the sitting.
- Eleven members (16% of 65) were present at the outset while 11 members were sighted at the end of the sitting. A maximum of 17 members was observed at one point of the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The House took a 50-minute break.
- The House adopted two resolutions on the law and order after the imposition of Governor’s rule, and the another offering condolences over the incident of Kirani Road, Quetta.
Order and institutionalization
- Nine Points of Order consumed 30 minutes.
- A JUIF law maker staged a 10-minute walkout as he not allowed to speak on a Point of Order.
- Orders of the Day were not available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was recorded but was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…