- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise of former Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth and last sitting of 29th session:
- The House met for 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1718 hours against the scheduled time of 1735 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present.
- As many as 14 MPAs (22%) were present at the outset and 19 (29%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leader HDP, BNP-M and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- One out of three minority lawmakers was present.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered Dua for former Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali. Three lawmakers including the Leader of the Opposition highlighted the political career of deceased and spoke for 14 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned for an indefinite period.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…