ISLAMABAD, June 23, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 and ten lawmakers shared their views on it during 3rd sitting of its 30th session on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 35 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1557 hours against scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Twenty-seven (42%) lawmakers were present at the start and 30 (47%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, PkMAP, MWM, ANP, JUI-F, PML-N and PML were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Ten lawmakers – PkMAP (5), JUI-F (2), ANP, PML, and PML-N (one each) – took part in general discussion on Budget consuming two hours and 23 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalizations
- Three Points of Order consumed two minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…