ISLAMABAD, June 23, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 and ten lawmakers shared their views on it during 3rd sitting of its 30th session on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 35 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1557 hours against scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Twenty-seven (42%) lawmakers were present at the start and 30 (47%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, PkMAP, MWM, ANP, JUI-F, PML-N and PML were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Ten lawmakers – PkMAP (5), JUI-F (2), ANP, PML, and PML-N (one each) – took part in general discussion on Budget consuming two hours and 23 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalizations
- Three Points of Order consumed two minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted two resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and passed two government bills on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…