ISLAMABAD, February 13, 2013: Starting an hour and 55 minutes late, the first sitting of the 40th session of the Balochistan Assembly, which met for 37 minutes, suspended the regular agenda to offer condolences for the former Chief Minister Jam Yousaf.
The sitting was marked by low attendance as only 14 out 65 members were present at the outset, while a similar number of MPAs were present at the end of the sitting. The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1755 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1600 hours. The proceedings started an hour and 55 minutes late.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leaders of JUI and PMLQ attended the sitting.
- Fourteen members (21% of 65) were present at the outset while 14 members were sighted at the end of the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- None of the members applied for leave.
- The House offered condolences over the demise of former Chief Minister Jam Yousaf and suspended the regular agenda.
Order and institutionalization
- Three points of order consumed ten minutes.
- There were no instances of protests, walkouts or boycotts.
- Orders of the Day were not available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was recorded but was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
Session Prorogued after Quorum Pointed Out by Food Minister ISLAMABAD, February 28, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan addressed 25 percent of the scheduled business…
ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Thursday and was prorogued sine die over lack of quorum, observes Free…