ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Government of Balochistan presented the Budget Statement for year 2017-18 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for 2016-17 in the Provincial Assembly on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 42nd session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hours and 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1638 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader attended the entire proceedings.
- Forty-one lawmakers (63%) were present at the outset and 58 (89%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, MWM, JUI-F, PKMAP, ANP, PML and NP were present.
- Three minority members also attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
- The Advisor to Chief Minister on Finance presented the Annual Budget Statement for the year 2017-2018 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for the year 2016-2017 in the House consuming an hour and 24 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…