ISLAMABAD, June 11, 2021: Minister for Finance and Revenue presented a copy of the Finance Bill, 2021 in Senate on Friday, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the first sitting of 312th session:
- The House met for 15 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 06:00 pm.
- The chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy chairman was also present.
- The leaders of the house attended the entire sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was present for 11 minutes.
- As many as 43 lawmakers (43%) were present at the outset and 34 (34%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Three out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- Minister for Finance and Revenue presented a copy of the Finance Bill, 2021 in the House containing the Annual Budget Statement. He also sought Senate recommendations, if any, to be forwarded to the National Assembly on the Finance Bill 2021.
- The Chairman Senate asked the members of the House to submit their recommendations to the Senate Standing Committee on Finance till June 14.
Order and Institutionalization
- The opposition protested for five minutes during presentation of a copy of the Finance Bill, 2021 in the House.
- An independent lawmaker walked out from House for five minutes against not setting up university in Gwadar.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 14, 2021 (Monday) at 04:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on the federal budget 2021-22 and consumed 95 percent of proceedings’ time on it, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued debate on the provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-2022 amid absence of opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…