ISLAMABAD, June 11, 2021: Minister for Finance and Revenue presented the federal budget for the fiscal year 2021-22 in the National Assembly on Friday amid opposition’s protest, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fourth sitting of the 34th session:
- The House met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The proceedings started at the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leader of the house (Prime Minister) attended the entire sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was present for an hour and 24 minutes.
- As many as 177 lawmakers (52%) were present at the outset and 209 (61%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, BAP, AMLP, MMAP, ANP, PML and GDA attended the sitting.
- As many as eight out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- Minister of Finance and Revenue presented before the House the Finance Bill, 2021 and the Supplementary Demands for Grants and Appropriations for financial year, 2020-21. His budget speech consumed an hour and 26 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The opposition lawmakers, holding placards inscribed with anti-government slogans, protested during the budget speech of the Minister for Finance and Revenue and tore the copies of the agenda.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, June 14, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
- The copies of the budget speech and the Finance Bill, 2021 were available.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on the federal budget 2021-22 and consumed 95 percent of proceedings’ time on it, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued debate on the provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-2022 amid absence of opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…