ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly continued debate on the provincial budget 2021-22 on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for four hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:15 pm against the scheduled time of 06:25 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and five minutes, while the deputy speaker chaired the remaining sitting.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty legislators (34 percent) were present at the outset and 60 (41 percent) lawmakers at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, ANP, BAP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eighteen lawmakers spoke on provincial budget for three hours and 58 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 01:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
Islamabad, November 24, 2021: The Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) has categorically rejected the barrage of allegations, slander and insinuations being levelled by its…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…