ISLAMABAD, March 25, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly addressed its entire agenda on Friday during fifth sitting of 16th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1515 hours against its scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- 36 MPAs (29%) were present at outset and 40 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, JUI-F, and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members were present.
- Special Assistant to CM for Law laid before the House the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Universities (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016 and also introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Antiquities Bill, 2016.
- Senior Minister for Health laid the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical Teaching Institutions Reforms (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016.
- Minister for Finance presented the Report on Second Biannual Monitoring on the Implementation of NFC Award (January-June 2015).
- The House adopted the Report of Public Accounts Committee on the account of Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the year 2012-13. The House also approved a motion for granting extension in time for presentation of the report.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up ten out of 13 starred questions appearing on the agenda while three questions were dropped due to absence of movers. The lawmakers asked ten supplementary questions as well.
- The government replied to two Calling Attention Notices regarding excess of rats in vicinity of Yaka Toot and reduction in court fee.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a point of order consuming ten minutes of the proceeding.
- The House did not take up a privilege motion due to absence of the mover.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…