ISLAMABAD, October 10, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was adjourned on Tuesday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of 26th session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1528 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 25 lawmakers (20%) were present at the start and 29 (23%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The government introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in the House.
- Moved by a PTI lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution urging the government to appoint the Vice Chancellor of the University of Swat.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as eight out of nine Starred Questions were taken up for answers during the proceedings while one question was disposed of due to absence of the mover. The lawmakers also asked five supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices regarding closure of development schemes in PK-93 and depriving graduates of foreign or private medical colleges from paid house jobs in government hospitals.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming five minutes of the proceedings.
- A JI lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1748 hours that led to the adjournment of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…