ISLAMABAD, September 7, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed three supplementary resolutions and passed a government bill on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for two hours and 15 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1525 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present in the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 40 (28%) legislators were present at the start and 50 (34%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-Q, ANP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present in the sitting.
- Moved by Special Assistant for Local Government the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Delimitation of Local Councils (Repeal) Bill, 2020.
- Minister for Food Introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Appointment of Law Officers (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and COVID-19 (Prevention of Hoarding) Bill, 2020.
- The House adopted three supplementary resolutions. One resolution was related to the condemnation of report published in UK about Qadianiat, while other two were related to providing gas to PK-7 and condemning the killing of a minor girl in Karachi.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of eight starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The Minister for Labour responded two Call Attention Notices regarding Agriculture affected due to shortage of water in Dera Ismail Khan and basic facilities to be provided to people of districts of Hazara and Malakand division after flood disaster.
- The Chair deferred discussion on non-availability of funds for ongoing developmental schemes and Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 8, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…