ISLAMABAD, January 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday providing for setting up and regulating the tourist facilities, and shelters homes, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 10th sitting of the tenth session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1448 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The entire sitting was presided over by a member of Panel of Chairpersons as the Speaker and Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 30 minutes.
- As many as 40 (28%) legislators were present at the start and 35 (24%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, PML, BAP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present.
- Moved by the Minister for Sports, Culture and Tourism, the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government Rest Houses and Tourism Properties (Development, Management and Regulation) Bill, 2020.
- Moved by the Minister for Social Welfare, the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Panahgah Bill, 2020.
- The House did not take up the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Protection against Harassment of Women at Workplace (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up nine out of 19 starred questions while the lawmakers asked six supplementary questions as well. The remaining questions were deferred on the request of movers.
- The House did not address the Call Attention Notices (CANs).
- The House admitted an Adjournment Motion for discussion regarding taxation and digging of sand and gravels and digging it from private properties.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members belonging to newly-merged tribal districts protested for nine minutes against the government for failing to fulfill its promises. They also protested against being denied to speak during the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 14, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…