ISLAMABAD, August 31, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) concluded discussion on power crisis in the province and passed a supplementary resolution, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for two hours and 56 minutes. However, the proceedings remained suspended for 30 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1528 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 50 (34%) legislators were present at the start and 52 (36%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, MMAP, BAP and PML attended the sitting.
- Three minority members were present in the sitting.
- The House adopted a supplementary resolution to condemning the remarks of an MMA lawmaker against the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four out of eight starred questions while four questions were lapsed due to movers’ absence. In addition, lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Call Attention Notices regarding girl’s primary school for village council Bargain and previous provincial KP government approved Generators for PK-10 Upper Dir.
- The Chair referred a Privilege Motion of a PTI lawmaker to the relevant Committee.
- Seven lawmakers including Minister for Labour and Culture spoke on power crisis in the province consuming two hours and five minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The MMA lawmakers staged walkout from the house at 1745 hours against the resolution passed by the house and did not return to the house till the end of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 1, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda on Friday amid absence of the leaders of the house…
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) transacted most of its agenda and consumed 75 percent of the proceedings in points of order related…
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…