ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted four resolutions on Monday including a resolution condemning the rape and murder of a minor girl in Kasur, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1527 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for 40 minutes.
- As many as 22 MPAs (18%) were present at outset and 29 (23%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House adopted four resolutions condemning the rape and murder of a minor girl in Kasur and recommending the government to provide facilities at Bacha Khan Airport, protect Chinese citizens working on CPEC projects and give provinces their due rights as enshrined in the Eighteenth Constitutional Amendment.
- The government introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Judicial Academy (Amendment) Bill, 2018, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Rural Area Drinking Water Supply Scheme (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Protection Against Harassment of Women at the Workplaces (Amendment) Bill, 2018 in the House.
- The government withdrew the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- The Chair referred a PPP lawmaker’s Privilege Motion to the relevant committee.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not hold the Question Hour.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices regarding the performance of OGDCL and financial crisis of Peshawar Public School/College for Girls.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised two Points of Order consuming four minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…