ISLAMABAD, June 23, 2021: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly continued debate on the provincial budget 2021-22 on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 4th sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 01:50 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 10 minutes, while the deputy speaker chaired the remaining sitting.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty-one legislators (34 percent) were present at the outset and 61 (41 percent) lawmakers at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, BAP and PML-N attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty-one lawmakers spoke on the provincial budget for three hours and 40 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of order for five minutes related to protest of Jani Khel Tribe after killing of their tribal elder.
- The entire opposition walked out from the House for ten minutes to express solidarity with the protestors.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 01:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Friday and discussed women rights and governance related matters, observes…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Punjab Assembly was adjourned without addressing agenda on the second consecutive day in protest against the non-production of detained lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed 72 percent of its proceedings in points of order related to electricity load-shedding in…