ISLAMABAD, June 23, 2021: The Senate unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Indian government’s grossly illegal actions in occupied Kashmir and demanded reversion to the pre 5th August, 2019 status by ending the annexation there, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 6th sitting of 312th session:
- The House met for three hours and 55 minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for 20 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started 04:05 pm against the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The chairman presided over the proceedings for an hour and 25 minutes, while the remaining proceedings were chaired by the deputy chairman.
- The leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was present for three hours and 10 minutes.
- As many as 40 lawmakers (40 percent) were present at the outset and 18 (18 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, PML-N, PML-F, PML-Q and MQMP attended the sitting.
- One out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House passed the Pakistan Arms (Amendment) Bill, 2021 while another bill – the Privatization Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was referred to the relevant committee.
- Tabled by a PTI lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution condemning the Indian government’s grossly illegal actions against the oppressed people of Indian Illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK). It demanded reversion to the pre 5th August, 2019 status of IIOJK by ending the annexation.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eight lawmakers participated in the budget discussion consuming two hours and 50 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on Senate website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…