ISLAMABAD, January 20 2014: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Monday debated the prevailing law and order in the province on a motion submitted by PPPP female legislator during 8th sitting of the ongoing session, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet based on direct observation of the proceedings.
Five legislators, one each of PPPP, PML-N, ANP, QWP, JUI-F and PTI- participated in the debate for an hour and 35 minutes.
The House also adopted a resolution demanding of the provincial government to open Lowari tunnel for eight hours a day.
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings:
- The KP Assembly met for four hours and five minutes. The House had two prayer breaks for 56 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1600 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of an hour.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister attended the proceedings for 50 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, ANP, QWP-S were present.
- Fifty-one members were present at the outset while 41 at the adjournment of the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Nine members applied for leave.
- Tabled by PPPP legislator, the House adopted a resolution demanding of the provincial government to open Lowari tunnel for eight hours a day.
Representation and Responsiveness:
- Eleven out of 19 Starred Questions appearing on the agenda were taken up while only six were responded to by the relevant ministries. Additionally, members asked one supplementary question.
- Five legislators- one each of PPPP, PML-N, ANP, QWP, JUI-F and PTI- participated in the debate on a motion regarding law and order in the province for an hour and 35 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization:
- Lawmakers spoke on three points of order, consuming sixteen minutes of the proceedings.
- There was no instance of protest, boycott or walkout.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday and was adjourned amid lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…