ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Monday adopted a resolution urging the federal government to take steps for release of Pakistanis languishing in various jails of Saudi Arabia, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1522 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Thirty-five lawmakers (28%) were present at the start and 40 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, ANP, PML-N and QWP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- Moved by a PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution urging the federal government to take practical steps for release of Pakistanis languishing in various prisons of Saudi Arabia.
- Minister for Law introduced the KP Wildlife and Biodiversity (Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Management) (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and KP Medical Institutions Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four points of order consumed 41 minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday and was adjourned amid lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…